The holidays are quickly approaching. For many folks, this is the most wonderful time of the year. What’s not to love? We get to spend time with friends and family while (hopefully) enjoying some time off work and school in the process. But there’s plenty of preparation that must be done in a short amount of time. Maybe you’re scrambling to get the house decorated before guests arrive for Thanksgiving. It could be that you have to get through a lengthy shopping list after being tired from work. In any case, you’re stressed. That’s why now is the perfect time to get a massage. Believe us, you will be thankful you put things on hold temporarily to enjoy an hour of pampering. Keep reading as we explain the benefits of massage and how a visit to our day spa could be just what the doctor ordered this holiday season.
Let’s first define what a massage entails. Basically, it’s a combination of pressing, rubbing, and manipulating your skin, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. It can range from light stroking to deep pressure. Some of the more common types include:
- Swedish massage – Do you feel as though your body is just worn out day after day? Swedish massage uses long strokes, kneading, deep circular movements, tapping, and vibration to encourage relaxation. Once you’ve had a Swedish massage, we’re willing to bet you will feel energized and ready to tackle your holiday to-do list once again.
- Deep tissue massage – As opposed to Swedish massage, deep tissue massage uses slower, more forceful strokes to target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissues. This is often the massage of choice for those dealing with muscle damage from injuries.
- Pregnancy massage – Did you know that massage relieves many of the discomforts experienced during pregnancy, including backaches, leg cramps, and headaches. Massage for pregnant women even reduces stress on weight-bearing joints, encourages blood circulation, and helps to relax nervous tension.
- Couples massage – There’s no better way to relax with your honey than with a couples’ massage. At The Center MedSpa & Salon, we offer a must-try couples’ massage for just $150.
Now that you know about the different types of massage, let’s dive into what it may also be helpful for:
- Digestive disorders
- Stress-related insomnia
- Sports injuries
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
About Our Greensburg Day Spa
Our staff at The Center MedSpa & Salon wants you to take some time for yourself this holiday season. We don’t just provide massages, though. In fact, we are Greensburg’s Top Rated Local® MedSpa and Salon. Here are just a few of the services offered at our day spa:
- Waxing – From eyebrow waxing to a Brazilian wax, rest assured that you are in good hands.
- Nail care – We aren’t your typical salon. The Center MedSpa has a wide variety of nail care options to choose from. Are you in a hurry? Well then ask about our express manicure and/or pedicure. If you have some additional time, we can add gel polish to provide the perfect look.
- Haircut – We want to help you discover the hair of your dreams! The Center MedSpa & Salon is a proud partner of salon-exclusive Keune and Saints & Sinners Luxury Hair Care lines. What does this mean for you? Simply put, we have you covered whether you are in need of a haircut, blowout, or color treatment. We can also do hair extensions upon request.
- Facial – When was the last time you had a facial? Some of our standard options include the Deep Cleanse Facial and Firm & Lift Facial. We aren’t just limited to those two, however. Let’s look at the Blueberry Enzyme Facial, for example. You will absolutely love the brightening exfoliation the enzyme provides. It will leave minimized pores and the rest of the skin feeling incredibly soft. We also have the Fire & Ice Facial, a crowd favorite. This intensive clinical treatment works to quickly and safely resurface the skin, effectively reducing fine lines and wrinkles. At the same time, this facial smooths, softens and encourages cellular renewal.
Please don’t hesitate to reach about our spa services. Let The Center MedSpa & Salon help you have a stress-free holiday season!