We all have that one friend or family member with incredible skin. You tell yourself, “I could never have skin like that.” Here’s the thing, though: you can delay natural aging and prevent a number of skin problems by doing the little things. What exactly are we talking about? Here are five easy tips to achieve your best-looking skin:
- Protect yourself from the sun – There’s no question that our skin takes a regular beating from the sun. Just think about how often you spend outside on a daily basis. For some, that’s at least several hours. Over the course of a lifetime, time spent in the sun adds up. It can cause wrinkles, age spots, and even skin cancer. That’s why it’s imperative to protect your skin as much as possible. One way to do this is by applying a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15. Secondly, wear protective clothing whenever possible. Long-sleeved shirts, long pants, and hats work wonders for preventing bad sunburns.
- Don’t smoke – A lot of people don’t realize that smoking makes your skin look older and contributes to wrinkles. Not only that but smoking damages collagen and elastin. Whether you’ve been smoking for decades or just recently picked up the habit, now is the time to ditch it for good. Trust us, your skin will thank you.
- Treat your skin gently – It’s not just the sun that takes a toll on our skin. It’s also strong soaps, shaving, and certain makeup products. Our medical spa team recommends using mild cleansers and moisturizers that fit your skin type. When shaving, protect and lubricate your skin with a cream, lotion, or gel before getting started. As a refresher, shave in the direction the hair grows rather than against it.
- Adjust your diet – You can adhere to a strict skin care routine and still have unhealthy, oily skin. How is this possible? It could actually be your diet. Lots of fatty foods and sugars may contribute to acne and other blemishes. So do away with the junk food and get your fill of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins. Lastly, drink water throughout the day to keep your skin properly hydrated.
- Manage stress – There’s more than enough on your plate. And yet, there are times when you try to squeeze more into an already busy schedule. Take the time to step back and manage your stress. Don’t forget to get enough sleep and have the occasional day to yourself. Those who are overly stressed tend to be more susceptible to acne breakouts and other skin problems.
Proven Medical Spa Treatments
Are you ready to finally take the next step toward beautiful skin? The Center MedSpa & Salon can help. We offer a variety of chemical peels and innovative skin treatments. Here are some of the popular ones among customers:
- Microneedling – This minimally invasive rejuvenation procedure involves needles to create a controlled injury. Don’t worry, it sounds much worse than it is. Microneedling results in improvement in skin texture, fine lines, wrinkles, as well as a reduction in scars and stretch marks.
- Microdermabrasion – Do you have stubborn fine lines or sunspots? Microdermabrasion could make sense for you. This noninvasive resurfacing procedure gently exfoliates away the top layer of dead skin cells. The result is healthy new skin that looks and feels incredible.
- JUVEDERM – It’s no secret why this is the top selling collection of hyaluronic acid fillers in the U.S. JUVEDERM fillers add volume to the face to lift cheeks, smooth lines, and even plump the lips.
- BOTOX – Try as you might, you just can’t improve the look of crow’s feet lines and frown lines. However, BOTOX makes it possible. Please don’t hesitate to call about this revolutionary prescription medicine.
- Bellafill – Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a way to immediately reduce the look of smile lines? Now there is with Bellafill. This collagen essentially forms a foundation that adds volume to wrinkles, reducing their appearance. With Bellafill, you can enjoy soft and smooth skin for up to five years!
At The Center MedSpa & Salon, our licensed aestheticians strive to help you look your best. We have just what you need to relax and revitalize your skin. Call now to schedule an appointment.